Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Countdown to Mokena Mini Maker Faire Begins!!!

3D-Printer Build at Present
After finding out that the Mokena MiniMaker Faire is on for September 13, 2014 I decided that I really needed to attend as an exhibitor.  So... I thought it would be great idea to exhibit the 2 things that I have been working on for most of this year: my desktop CNC machine and my 3D-printer. Both of these machines are home built home fabrication machines which is why I thought my exhibit should be called “Making Machines that Make”.

I figure that signing up for this will provide the extra motivation for me to finish up the 3D Printer and add improvements/fixes to my CNC machine – since there is a definite deadline and people will be expecting to see what I've done. In addition, it should help push me to document my progress, pitfalls, solutions etc. to help others who want to attempt these type of projects.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment