Monday, April 27, 2020

COVID Isolation Project #2 - Short Shop Stools


Another simple woodworking project using basic tools.  I needed a few short stools so that I wouldn't have to kneel on the floor of my garage.

The stool dimensions are:
Top 12" x 5"
Sides 15" x 5"
I did place a central support in each stool that's 11" x 5"
Everything was glued prior to nailing (I don't have compressed air).
After gluing, nailing (I did use a punch to drive them below the surface) and sanding I applied 3 coats of Polyurethane (brushed on).

Supplies:
  • 1/2" Baltic Birch Plywood
  • Wood Glue
  • Poylurethane
  • 1 1/4" 3D finish nails

Tools:
  • Saw (I used a circular saw with a homemade guide track) but a hand saw would do
  • Hammer
  • Clamps (I mainly used corner clamps)
  • Drill to make guide holes for the nails
So far they are very stable and handle a lot of weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment