The 2015 competition opened two months ago (when I originally wrote this post) and the focus is on ideas that address important issues effecting lots of people.
I've been brainstorming ideas for a project for the competition and areas I've focused on are:
- Solar purification/desalination
- Collection techniques - reclaim from air, rain, etc
- Potability measurement device (determine if water is safe to drink)
- more efficient bG testing/measurement
- bG testing method without strips
- bG testing method without using lancet (no finger pricks)
- open source/hardware meter that can utilize multiple strip types
- methods for detecting allergens
- protein based allergens
- other types
- what data can we collect?