Sunday, February 5, 2017

Project Voight-Kampff

My objective is to build a functional Voight-Kampff machine from the classic Sci-Fi Movie Blade Runner. 
Leon's test :

Rachel's test:

Currently, I'm working on developing the software, integration of sensors and the actual body of the machine.

I currently have this project entered in the Hackaday Sci-Fi Contest  (Voight-Kampff Project Page) and I plan to exhibit it at the Chicago 2017 Maker Faire.

I have much of the mechanics (arm raise, extension, and rotation of the eye sensor) worked out using servos and micro-controllers.

My current design calls for using a Raspberry Pi as the central processor for the VK. The sensors that I'm currently working on integrating are:
  • Melexis MLX90614 Non-contact Temperature sensor (for Blush response)
  • Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera Board v2
    • using software adapted from PyGaze to measure pupil dilation/constriction
  • Separate hand held module for test subject containing:
    • MAX30100 pulse ox sensor
    • Galvanic Skin Response Sensor
I aim to have it all contained in the classic VK machine with read outs from the sensors going to the 3 separate monitors (and the 2 LED Bar Graphs).

No comments:

Post a Comment